Doosan expands Tier 4 lineup
Sept. 16, 2015 - Two new Doosan crawler excavators have been added to the Tier 4-compliant lineup, featuring improved performance, operator-focused comfort, fuel economy and jobsite durability. The 14-metric-ton DX140LC-5 and DX140LCR-5 Tier 4-compliant machines replace the interim Tier 4 “dash-3” models.
The DX140LCR-5 model offers a shorter tail swing, allowing operators greater flexibility where space is a premium without sacrificing performance. Both the DX140LC-5 and DX140LCR-5 excavators are designed for long life with an extra-sturdy frame and reinforced superstructure. They come standard with permanently sealed and lubricated track links, and the bushings and hard-wear disks are designed for reliability as well as extended service intervals to increase uptime.
Smart Power Control (SPC)
A new selectable feature, Smart Power Control (SPC), is available on both models and consists of two systems — Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control — that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. The engine control unit (ECU) automatically manages SPC when SPC is engaged. Each of the four power modes will function with SPC engaged or disengaged; however, SPC can be active only in the Digging work mode.
• Variable Speed Control: Reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by up to 3 to 7 percent.
• Pump Torque Control: Efficiently matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption, improving efficiency.
Both excavators come standard with an improved 7-inch liquid-crystal display (LCD) screen that allows operators to continue monitoring the excavator parameters while viewing the rearview or optional side-view camera image. Critical machine data appears next to the camera view. With an optional side camera, a split screen allows both camera displays to be viewed at once. New additions to the monitor include the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) gauge and improved fuel efficiency.
To help save valuable diesel fuel, Doosan added auto shutdown to both models to help owners save fuel during non-working conditions. Operators can configure the idle time from 3 to 60 minutes. When enabled, the feature will shut down the excavator’s engine when the preset idle time is met. This is particularly helpful in California where state regulations require idling for only 5 minutes for off-highway machines.
New machine updates
In addition to SPC, auto shutdown and LCD screen updates, the new Doosan DX140LC-5 and DX140LCR-5 crawler excavators have the following updates:
• Improved anti-skid plates: for easier engine access for machine maintenance
• Emergency engine stop: relocated for easier operator access
• Improved serviceability: allows for easier access to components and less time for maintenance
• Upgraded alternator: delivers improved power for electrical components
• New front window design: provides good visibility to the work area
For more information
Print this page