Caterpillar Enters the Portable Generator Market
September 28, 2016 - Since 1925, the Caterpillar name has been synonymous with durability, reliability and raw power.
Caterpillar built the machines that, quite literally, built the modern world. Cat® equipment is known around the world for being heavy duty, powerful and BIG. Now, for the first time in its history, they are going small with the new RP Series line of portable power generators for the everyday customer. These little guys are built with the power and durability you expect from Caterpillar, in a compact, portable package.
The RP Series launches in the US and Canada in fall 2016 with four basic models ranging from 3.6 to 7.5 kW, as well as California and Canada-specific models.
Three models are scheduled to launch in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain in early 2017.
Caterpillar engineers applied every bit technical and engineering know-how that comes from producing the world’s toughest machines when they designed the RP Series. From the stable, all-steel construction to the compact, out-of-the-way wiring, the RP Series is built for portability, safety and reliability:
- 32MM thick, all-steel construction
- Heavy-duty, never flat wheels
- Foldable handle for easy mobility and storage
- OHV engine
- Auto-charging lithium ion battery (on E models)
- Oversized fuel tank for up to 15 hours of run time
- Electric start options on 7500 E and 6500 E models
- Compact wiring to minimize safety hazards and damage to your unit
- Low oil shutdown protection
Control panels with everything you need to start and operate, day or night.
For more information: