At an industry-leading dry weight of less than 67 pounds, the EB2800i portable generator was designed with the single worker in mind. The Honda generator is light enough for one person to load and unload from a truck, operate, and carry around the jobsite, while providing ample power for a variety of tools including small compressors, air circulation fans, large concrete drills, multiple hand tools, electric concrete vibrators, circular saws and battery chargers up to 2,800 watts.
The Honda EB2800i complies with current OSHA and LA-ETL regulations while ensuring safe operation with GFCI protected receptacles. Perhaps the most practical, yet important features of interest to generator buyers is the amount and the quality of power produced by the unit. It offers a maximum 2,800 watts of electricity with a wave form distortion factor of less than five percent. This translates into a generous amount of usable power available for a wide range of industrial applications.
Ease of use is key for any portable generator, and the open-frame inverter model includes easy-start control panel instructions. In addition, the Honda EB2800i features rugged, full-frame protection and a number of features and benefits that make this portable units an ideal choice for quiet, dependable power:
- Inverter technology is designed to power computers and sensitive electronic equipment that demand consistent electrical current with a stable sine wave or signal. A computer or newer sensitive appliance operating on fluctuating power could possibly freeze, shut down, or be damaged. To overcome this problem, Honda engineers developed inverter technology, which allows Honda generators with this technology to provide cleaner current to power electronic equipment. Further, inverter technology substantially reduces weight and sound levels of these units.
- Eco Throttle technology that allows the generators to conserve fuel by varying engine speed to the optimum level (given usage load), improving fuel efficiency and maximizing run time.
- Large, new 2.1 gallon gas tank provides 5.1 hours of operation per tankful of gas at rated load or 12.1 hours at ¼ load.
- Automatic Overload helps if the demand on the generator is greater than the possible output power; the generator protects itself by shutting down. Running a generator in excess of its maximum output power shortens its life. This Honda safety feature helps extend the life of the generator.
- A large muffler design contributes to quiet operation; the EB2800i has industry-best sound levels of 61 – 69 dB(A) measured at 7 meters.
- The Honda EB2800i generator incorporates individual outlet circuit protection; neutral bonded GFCI 20 Amp 120 Volt receptacles; and meets LA-ETL and OSHA requirements.
The Honda GC190 engine also is equipped with the Honda Oil Alert system, designed to prevent engine damage caused by an insufficient amount of oil in the crankcase. Before the oil level in the crankcase can fall below a safe limit, the Oil Alert system is designed to automatically stop the engine, protecting it from expensive repairs. Price and Availability
The Honda EB2800i OFI generator delivers customers high-quality power and tremendous value in a lightweight, quiet-running, portable package. With a starting U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $1,149.95, this model delivers exceptional performance for commercial markets. The Honda generator carries a three-year residential and one-year commercial warranty and is available at local or online authorized Honda dealers.