Honda Introduces HSS Series Snow Blowers
August 19, 2015 - Honda Power Equipment's all-new HSS Series snow blowers are designed to deliver superior performance and enhanced control and handling for both residential and commercial users. Ten new models are available.
Key features include:
- Finger Tip Steering Control – conveniently located hand lever controls allows for easy maneuvering, and disengagement of transmission for easy movement when not powered (all models)
- Hydrostatic Transmission (HST) – far superior than traditional disk drive; provides single-lever variable speed control when operating in forward or reverse (all models)
- Joystick Electric Chute Control – single joystick control (4-directions) provides precision
control of chute rotation and discharge angle; directly powered by the engine’s power coil; no battery required (all models)
- DC Electric Start – no extension cord necessary; easy starting with the on-board battery, which is automatically charged by the engine (all electric start models)
- Blower Diameter Increased – for increased snow removal speed and discharge distance
- Chamfered Scraper Bar – design allows for edge of scraper to hit snow and ice patches flush and evenly for improved snow clearing to the pavement (all models)
- LED Headlight – integrated into cover for improved night visibility; brighter, long lasting, and never burns out (all models)
- Auger Height Lever –adjustablegas strut to raise/lower and position the entire auger housing precisely, providing prefect ground clearance over gravel or non-smooth surfaces. (all track models)
- Hour Meter – monitors hours of operation (HSS1332 models only)
- Precision Deflector Chute – double-articulated deflector improves distance accuracy control (HSS1332AATD model only)
- Impeller Shield – optimized to more efficiently direct snow into the blower (all models)
- Reversible Skid Shoes – increased durability, offering twice the wear surface (all models)
- 3-Year Commercial and Residential Warranty (all HSS models)
With GX engines providing reliable power and quick starts, a pulley size optimized for top speed of the impeller, and an impeller wing positioned at 90 degrees for increased efficiency, each model shows increased snow throwing capability.
The new HSS724A, HSS928A, and HSS1332A models are powered by Honda GX Series Engines—the 200cc GX200 overhead valve (OHV) engine, the 270cc GX270 OHV engine, and 390cc GX390 OHV engine respectively.
The mid-sized GX200 model is a single-cylinder, horizontal-shaft engine equipped with a number of design enhancements, including a new carburetor chamber coating; an improved recoil rope design; and an added carburetor filter—all of which help improve its fuel efficiency, reliability and durability.
Larger GX270 and GX390 engines feature a rugged OHV design, an advanced combustion chamber design, variable ignition timing, and an increased compression ratio—all working to ensure a high level of durability and reliability, increased power output, and fuel efficiency. HSS724AWD, HSS724ATD, HSS928AWD, HSS928ATD, and HSS1332ATD models incorporate an on-board battery for electric start capability.
The new Honda HSS snow blowers have a standard three-year warranty for residential and commercial use. These new snow throwers will be available through Honda Power Equipment dealers starting September 1, 2015.
For more information: