Bacharach announces upgrades to PCA 400 and releases new mobile app
Aug. 9, 2018 - Bacharach, Inc. announces key product upgrades to the PCA 400 combustion and emissions analyzerplatform including sensor protection, Low NOx measurement, near-field communications (NFC) and the ability to connect/control the analyzer with the newly released mobile app.
PCA 400 Firmware Updates
Launched in January 2018, Bacharach’s PCA 400 is a hand-held combustion and emissions analyzer for on-demand and/or semi-continuous sampling in commercial and light industrial applications where furnaces, boilers, compressors and generators are present. The updates announced in this firmware release allow the user to take advantage of multiple key features integrated in the original design.
With the user defined sensor protection for CO, NO, NO2 & SO2 sensors the analyzer will automatically engage the dilution pump for high concentration gas samples to prolong sensor life. This reduces the cost of sensor replacement and ensures testing procedures do not have to be repeated from having a failed sensor.
Low NOx resolution
With Low NOx capability, the PCA 400 will measure down to 0.1 ppmenabling more accuracy when reading NOx measurements and reporting to regulatory agencies.
Near-field communications (NFC)
Bacharach’s B-Smart pre-calibrated sensorscan be added or replaced in the combustion analyzer with a simple scanning process using near-field communications (NFC). Pre-calibrated sensors enable users to keep their instruments in the field and available for usage, and the NFC capability enables fast and accurate replacement of those sensors without needing to manually enter a sensor code.
Companion Mobile App
The complimentary PCA 400 app further enables users with mobile devices additional capabilities including:
• Remote Control – to remotely run or pause combustion tests to enhance safety, efficiency, and comfort of the technician.
• Remote Display – to remotely display live values on the mobile device as measured by the combustion analyzer for improved testing efficiency.
• Save Data–to create data records from combustion tests on the mobile device for added flexibility in report generation and sharing.
• Report Generation – to create PDF documents for tamper-free operational and regulatory compliance reporting to reduce reporting time and simplify record keeping.
• GPS location data – for added verification of equipment location.
• Data sharing – share reports directly from the mobile app by email or to cloud storage services.
Equipped with a high-speed pump, and near real-time display updates, the PCA 400 provides technicians fast responses on the mobile app to make necessary equipment adjustments, reducing test time.
For more information
CRA Ontario Members Meeting
January 17, 2019
BC Regional Trade Show
January 18-19, 2019
World of Concrete
January 22-25, 2019
Canadian Concrete Expo
February 6-7, 2019
Atlantic Regional Trade Show
February 8-9, 2019
The ARA Show
February 17-20, 2019